It's a Wrap: Reusable Lunch Gear Giveaway
09.06.13 It's a Wrap: Reusable Lunch Gear Giveaway
We've been talking about reusable lunch gear for weeks now. There's just so much to say and a lot of amazingly well-designed products to share!
When it comes to packing school lunches, the most important aspect is knowing our children are eating nutritious food packed in safe, non-toxic containers. And the confidence that this will help prepare them to learn in school and feel energized for tackling the rest of the afternoon activities.
To build a healthy, waste-free lunch, there are two essential components: good food and the right gear. We've spent countless hours researching the best healthy waste-free lunch gear and wanted to share our learning.
First the basics. Every piece of waste-free lunch gear must be:
- Safe - Contains no concerning chemicals, such as BPA, PVC, phthalates and lead, which can leach into foods.
- Functional - Easy to open and close, and convenient to use (leakproof, insulated, dishwasher safe, etc).
- Waste-Free - Reduces the growing piles of disposable, single use products (like individually wrapped foods, juice boxes, plastic baggies) each year.
- Durable - Built to last; ultimately saving us money over time.
- Fun! - Looks great! Colorful, inspiring kids to eat a bit more, also making the lunch-packing process a little more bearable.