Mother's Day: Healthy Love for Mom
For many people, indulging their moms on Mother's Day is a must. We have the standard list of gifts (flowers, chocolate, etc.) we resort to for quick gestures of love. As much as they are appreciated, they are also fleeting. For this Mother's Day, why not share the love (and being "in the know") that will ultimately lead to a healthier lifestyle?
And for many of us, the simple changes of making a healthy home and living a healthier lifestyle have been a slow steady process. As adults, we have chosen to be more informed about the chemicals that exist in the majority of conventional products sold today. We make decisions to use healthy and real materials in our homes as an effort to reduce the growing levels of toxins that inevitably have accumulated.
We make these choices for our own families but what about for our moms? With that in mind, we've selected 5 thoughtful, important and loving gifts perfect for any mom this Mother's Day.
- Takeya glass water bottle: Know that your mom will be hydrating safely and in great style while drinking from this classic glass water bottle. The tempered glass is wrapped in a silicone sleeve for added protection and a burst of beautiful color. We're confidant that most moms would appreciate this savvy looking bottle when they're on the go. Another perk: no BPA! And delicious clean tasting water not in a crinkly plastic disposable bottle.
- Beeswax and Soy Candle: Candles are a lovely gift but did you know that burning paraffin candles (a petroleum by-product) is the leading cause of indoor air pollution? On the flip side, burning 100% soy and beeswax candles, scented with pure essential oils actually emit negative ions that draw toxins, dust, pollen, mold and mildew from the air. And most importantly, no added chemicals are emitted through your home. Now that's relaxing...
- Badger Sleep Balm: Let's be honest. As we get older, it's much more common to have difficulty with a good night's sleep-- so any extra natural, non-medicated help is usually a blessing. Sleep balm is wonderfully relaxing with just a little dab rubbed on the temples--and the lavender does the magic calming.
- ThinkSport LIVESTRONG Sunscreen: As more people are aware that not all sunscreens are created equal, the gift of safe and natural sunscreen is the sweet message that you know better. ThinkSport suncreen is free of harmful chemicals and endocrine disrupting chemicals. This sunscreen also contains NO nano particles and is top rated on EWG's Skin Deep database.
- Double-Walled Ceramic Mug: A terrific alternative to throwing away paper cups from the cafe and making the leap to drinking coffee in eco-friendly style. This mug is double walled so your coffee stays warm but the outside of the cup is comfortable to hold without a handle. The silicone lid makes it ideal to bring along in the car or just out and about.
We would be more than happy to send along a hand written card with your personal message, inside of a beautifully gift wrapped box.
How will you celebrate Mother's Day?