The Best Reusable Water Bottles for School
08.16.13 The Best Reusable Water Bottles for School
Research indicates that staying hydrated throughout the day helps children stay focused and become better learners. With so many water bottle options it's difficult to decipher which ones are best suited for your kid's needs. First and foremost, you want a bottle that's free of toxins like BPA and other chemicals often found in cheap water bottles.
Plastic (polycarbonate) bottles and aluminum bottles lined with an epoxy resin, both contain BPA. Measurable amounts of BPA can leach into the water, especially when plastic is heated by the sun or worn out and scratched. Given this, you'll want to invest in a safe, practical and durable reusable water bottle that was made to last a long time.
An added bonus is you'll cut down on waste AND save money by packing a reusable bottle in your kid's lunchbox, by selecting the perfect desk water bottle and having a great option for after-school sports/rigorous dancing/music lessons - wherever a water bottle is a must!
We have a large selection of reusable water bottles that are not only SAFE, free of BPA, PVC, lead and phthalates, durable and high quality, but also with these popular features:
- Straw-top or sport-top
- Easy for kids to use
- 18/8 grade stainless steel
- Dishwasher safe
BOTTLES FOR THE LUNCHBOX: Compact, leakproof and lightweight are the essential features for a lunchbox water bottle. Using a reusable bottle is a sustainable alternative to single-serve, disposable bottles and juice boxes.
- Thermos Funtainer: 12 oz, straw bottle, insulated, leakproof, dishwasher safe
- Klean Kanteen with loop cap: 12 oz, leakproof, dishwasher safe
- Thermos Foogo straw bottle: 10 oz, insulated, leakproof, dishwasher safe (solid colors only)
- Hydro Flask Bottle: 12 oz, insulated, leakproof, hand wash
BOTTLES FOR THE DESK: Kids need to stay hydrated throughout the day. Having an easy-to-use bottle that doesn't require unscrewing the cap and screwing it back on for every drink (and subsequently disrupting class) will certainly be appreciated by your child's teacher. A stable and (relatively) spill-free bottle will also be an added bonus to the classroom culture. And, for some kids who delight in drinking cold water, an insulated water bottle will surely make a difference in the quality of their school day.
- Eco Vessel insulated: 13 oz, insulated, leak-resistant, handwash only
- Klean Kanteen Classic w/Sport Cap: 12 oz, classroom friendly (no chirping or whistling), fits in backpack side pocket, colored bottles are hand wash only
- Eco Vessel: 13 oz, lightweight, leak-resistant, handwash only
BOTTLES FOR AFTER-SCHOOL SPORTS: Stainless steel bottles are a favorite among budding athletes. Built to endure a lot of roughing up, the durable nature of stainless steel makes this a great choice for outdoor use. Stainless steel favorites are both lightweight/single wall AND insulated/double wall. The sleek insulated bottles deliver an ice-cold drink during practice and the convenient sport-top bottles provide a quick and easy drink. All have wide-mouth openings for easy filling.
- HydroFlask Wide Mouth w/ Flip-Top: 18 oz, insulated, easy flip top lid
- Eco Vessel: 17 oz, straw bottle, insulated, leakproof, handwash only
- ThinkSport: 12 oz, insulated, dishwasher safe
- Klean Kanteen: 18 oz, sport-top, colored bottles are handwash only
Click here to see all of MightyNest's selection of kid's water bottles. What are your preferences when choosing a water bottle?