What to Pack in my Hospital Bag?
07.15.10 What to Pack in my Hospital Bag?
I’m a list person. Yes, sometimes I make lists just so that I can cross things off. And yes, I find that to be very satisfying. It's just my personality to never feel fully prepared unless there’s a list involved. So, with only 4 weeks to go until my due date I figured it might be a good time to start a list of things I’ll need/want to bring with me in my hospital bag for labor and delivery.
Here's my list so far –
- clothes to wear while at the hospital
- clothes for me and the baby to wear home (baby = done; still working on me, though)
- toiletries (toothbrush, shampoo, conditioner, hair brush…anything else?)
- socks (I’ve heard that my feet might get cold)
- lip balm
- nursing clothes and a nursing pillow (as soon as I get around to actually buying them)
- a camera
- ipod or some other form of musical entertainment
Is there anything I’m missing or that you found to be useful or wish you had brought?
Once I get my list together I’ll actually be able to start packing my bag…and buying things that I don’t already have but need. Starting before I have my list is just way too stressful (sad, I know!)