What Makes it Mighty?
Products in category: Kitchen & Bath
- Safe and effective natural cleaning products
- Made from plant based materials
- Free from toxic chemicals
It’s a sponge. It’s a scrubber. Actually, this Full Circle 100% biodegradable Flip Loofah sponge is both—tough natural loofah on one side and a soft cellulose sponge on the other. It expands to twice its size when wet and completely biodegrades when composted. Most conventional sponges are derived from polyurethane, a petroleum-based ingredient, in addition to other manmade materials. Essentially, conventional sponges are made from oil-based plastic. Additionally, sponges promising antibacterial or odor-removing benefits are loaded with toxic chemicals including triclosan, an antimicrobial agent (and pesticide) that has been linked to cancer, developmental toxicity and skin irritation. This chemical has also made its way into 60 percent of American waterways, wreaking havoc on marine life.
- Cellulose is naturally soft and absorbent
- Expands to twice its size when wet
- 100% biodegradable
- Loofah becomes pliable enough to wash glasses when wet
- Loofah is safe on non-stick
- Loofah is a natural material so each piece is unique, with differences in shape and size.
Materials: loofah, cellulose
Comes in a set of 3 sponges: all white or white, green and blue
Sustainably made in China