What Makes it Mighty?
- High-quality pots made from glass, ceramic and stainless steel
- Organic teas in attractive packaging
- Clean, modern design: form meets function
The Chemex coffeemaker is known for its iconic design. Its hourglass shaped flask is made entirely of borosilicate glass, a chemically inert material that does not absorb odors or chemical residues. Includes a polished wood collar with a leather tie that serves as a handle.
- 6 cup Chemex: 30 oz. capacity
- 8 cup Chemex: 40 oz. capacity
- 6 cup measurements: height: 8 1/2" and diameter: 5 1/8"
- 8 cup measurements: height: 9" and diameter: 5 1/4"
- Recommend hand washing
- Can also be used to brew tea
- Made in the US
- Open the Chemex-Bonded Coffee Filter into a cone. One side should have three layers.
- Place the cone in the top of your coffeemaker with the thick portion toward the pouring spout.
- Using Regular or Automatic Grind coffee only, put one rounded tablespoon of coffee per 5 oz. cup into the filter cone. If you prefer stronger coffee, use more; there is never any bitterness in coffee brewed using the Chemex method.
- When the water is boiling, remove it from the heat until it stops boiling vigorously. It should now be at about 200ºF, a perfect brewing temperature.
- Pour a small amount of water over the coffee grounds, just enough to wet them without floating. This is important because it allows the grounds to "bloom," so the desirable coffee elements can be released.
- After this first wetting simply pour more water, soaking the grounds each time, but keeping the water level well below the top of the coffeemaker.
- Once the desired amount of coffee is brewed, dispose of the spent grounds by lifting the filter out of the coffeemaker.
- And that's it! You are now ready to enjoy a perfect cup of coffee!