What Makes it Mighty?
Products in category: Cast Iron Cookware & Bakeware
- Even heating, heat retention and durability
- Has natural non-stick properties
- Tried and true - a great value
ProLogic Seasoned Cast Iron Chef Skillet, 12" by Lodge Cast Iron SKU: P12S3
Lodge's prologic seasoned cast iron skillet measures 12". Cast iron skillet heats slowly and heats evenly while you cook many delicious meals. It's designed for fancy cooks with sloped sides and is great for omelets or sauteing. Cooking from cast iron has many great benefits, one of which is that the seasoning gives you a non-stick experience without PFOA's and other chemicals used to make Teflon, plus cast iron is indestructible.
The 12" cast iron skillet is pre-seasoned with soy-based vegetable oil and baked at high temperatures to allow the oil to deeply penetrate the surface of cast iron.
- Pre-seasoned with vegetable oil formula and ready for immediate use
- Dimension of pan: 12" round, entire length of pan with handle: 18.75", height on handle 3" (this is the tallest part of the skillet)
- Pro-Logic handles are not straight and have sloped sides
- Looped handles for hanging
- Additional assist handle makes it easier to transport
- Easy to clean and store
- Stove Top Safe, Oven Safe, Can be used on the grill, in a fireplace or campfire
- Cast iron handle with end loop for hanging
- Hand Wash Only, DO NOT PUT IN THE DISHWASHER
- Cast Iron will last you forever and is a great family heirloom to pass on from generation to generation
Made in Tennessee, USA
Click "more" below to read tips on how to cook, clean and re-season your lodge cast iron.
Handles will become hot, always use an oven mitt to prevent burns when removing cast iron from oven or stovetop
Tips to use your Lodge cast iron:
- Rinse with hot water, DO NOT USE SOAP, and dry thoroughly
- Before cooking, apply vegetable oil to the cooking surface of your pan and pre-heat the pan slowly
- Always start on low heat, increasing the temperature slowly
- Once the cast iron product is pre-heated, you are ready to cook
- Avoid cooking very cold food in the pan, as this can promote sticking
- Please remember: handles will become very hot in the oven and stovetop. Always use an oven mitt to prevent burns when removing pans from oven or stovetop
- After cooking, clean cast iron product with a stiff nylon brush and hot water. Using soap is not recommended, and harsh detergents should never be used. Avoid putting cast iron into cold water. Thermal shock can occur causing the metal or warp or crack
- If you are having trouble removing stuck-on food, boil some water in your pan for a few minutes to loosed residue, making it easier to remove
- Towel dry immediately and apply a light coating of oil to the pan while it is still warm
- DO NOT let your cast iron air dry, as this can promote rust
- Store in a cool, dry place. Place a folded paper towel in the cast iron
- The oven is a great place to store your cast iron, just remember to remove it before turning the oven on
- NEVER wash in the dishwasher
- If for some reason your skillet develops a metallic smell or taste, or rust spots (could be from washing incorrectly), simply scour off the rust using a fine grade of sandpaper or steel wool
- Wash the cookware with hot, soapy water and a stiff brush. It is okay to use soap this time because you are preparing to re-season the cookware.
- Rinse and dry completely
- Apply a thin, even coating of MELTED solid vegetable shortening (or cooking oil of your choice) to the inside and outside of the cookware
- Place aluminum foil on the bottom rack of the oven to catch any dripping
- Set oven temperature to 350 - 400 degrees F
- Place cookware upside down on the top rack of the oven
- Bake the cookware for at least 1 hour. After the hour, turn the oven off and let the cookware cool in the oven
- Store the cookware uncovered, in a dry place when cooled.
Lodge Cast Iron is and always has been a family owned, family operated business producing the most extensive selection of quality cast iron goods on the market. Lodge offers an expanded line of cast iron cookware for America’s kitchens—Dutch ovens, the largest selection of cast iron skillets on the market. When cooking outdoors, Lodge Cast Iron goes too.more »
We make it easy for families to create a healthy home. Each of our 1000+ products has been thoroughly researched to be free of concerning chemicals, and hand-picked for its quality and design. With products for the whole family, ranging from kitchenware to reusable lunch gear to skincare, it is truly better living made easy.