Mighty School Challenge Rules
2014 MightyNest Mighty School Challenge
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Open to legal residents of the 50 United States and DC, 18 years of age or older. Void where prohibited by law.
The below Official Rules apply to the The 2014 Mighty School Challenge (hereinafter, "Challenge") offered by MightyNest LLC ("Sponsor"). The purpose of this Challenge is to promote healthy, mindful living at home and at school!
1. ELIGIBILITY: No purchase necessary to enter or win. To be eligible to earn "impact points" for a school in the Challenge, a potential participant ("Participant") must be a legal resident of the 50 United States and D.C., 18 years of age and older as of September 2, 2014, excluding employees of MightyNest Inc, including its affiliates, subsidiaries, agencies, employees and members of employees' immediate family or persons living in the same household. Void where prohibited. Participants must have access to the Internet and an email address to enter.
Public or private Nursery Schools, Preschools, Kindergartens, Elementary, Primary Schools, Middle Schools or High Schools (schools including any grades between K-12) ("Schools") in the 50 United States are eligible to earn fundraising bonus awards in the Challenge. The school's fundraising page ("School Page") on schools.mightynest.com must be claimed by a parent organization leader (PTA, PTO, PTC, etc) or school official ("School Contact") during the Challenge Duration for the school to receive any prizes earned.
2. PARTICIPATION: Beginning at 12:01 am CDT on Tuesday, September 2, 2014 through 11:59 pm CDT on Friday, October 10, 2014 ("Challenge Duration"). Participants can earn impact points for their school at http://schools.mightynest.com/ by signing up with their email address or Facebook account, selecting the school they wish to support and completing activities on that page. Creation of more than one account by a single individual, or use of any robotic, automatic, programmed or similar entry method will void all entries and may in the sole judgment of the Sponsor result in disqualification of the School.
3. USER-GENERATED CONTENT ("UGC"): As a condition of entry, Participants agree that the Sponsor shall have the non-exclusive worldwide right, but not the obligation, to use photos, text or other information and materials submitted by Participants. Sponsor reserves the right to modify and make available materials, including, but not limited to the right to use the materials on Sponsor website and social media sites for promotional, commercial, and publicity purposes. Participant also understands and agrees to the following:
-Participant is entirely responsible for any text or photographs uploaded to MightyNest.com or any other internet property owned, operated or sponsored by MightyNest. Participant, not MightyNest, is entirely responsible for all UGC.
-Participant agrees that text and or images will not contain any type of vulgarity, profanity, obscenities, disparaging or discriminatory or other language not suitable for a public forum, lewd or adult content, advertisements, SPAM content or references to other products, offers or websites, email addresses, URLs, phone numbers, physical addresses or other forms of contact information, spiteful or derogatory comments directed at other comments and/or their authors. MightyNest reserves the right to remove any content for any reason at any time.
-When submitting and posting UGC, Participant agrees to post only content for which they hold applicable rights. Participant holds the sole responsibility for ensuring the rights to post that content, including but not limited to any copyrights to images, and the right to publish the images of the people or items included in the UGC. Participant is responsible for obtaining the rights from any person depicted in the UGC.
-Participant is aware that UGC is not reviewed by MightyNest before posting and does not reflect the views of MightyNest.
4. EARNING POINTS: To earn and accumulate points for a School, Participant must join a School Page to create an Account and then undertake an Activity which may include, but is not limited to: pledging to complete tasks, sharing ideas or engaging in online activities for which points will be rewarded, or posting content on the Sponsor's site. Sponsor expressly reserves the right to establish additional means of accruing points; to remove any or all of the means currently in effect. Points have no cash value. Points may not be assigned, sold, transferred, and/or pledged to any third party. Participant has no property rights or other legal interests in points.
Point values will be listed on the School Page in connection with the associated Activity and updated from time to time. Points can be accrued only for Activity taken by Participant. Participant may earn points from only one computer or network access point at any given time; simultaneous Activity on multiple computers for one Account will not be credited.
Sponsor will use reasonable efforts to allocate earned points to Participant's School; however, Participant is responsible for ensuring that points are properly credited. If Participant believes that points have been earned but not credited, Sponsor reserves the right to require proof of accrual. Sponsor must receive any claims of points by Participant and proof of accrual within one week after the date such points are claimed to be earned. Points will be maintained in Participant's Account until the Challenge ends. The validation of points earned will be subject to verification by Sponsor whose decisions on the outcome, as well as any decisions regarding point balances, Prizes, forfeitures, and the identity of any individual accessing an Account, are in its sole and absolute discretion and are final and binding.
5. JUDGING: All schools will be judged based on the number of impact points accumulated and other criteria the Sponsor announces during four challenge phases. The Grand Prize Winner will be selected by Sponsor before October 31, 2014 based on total pointed earned during Challenge Duration. Winners who have won Grand Prizes from another Challenge within the same school year (September thru August) [amended September 24, 2016] are not eligible to win the Grand Prize of the Mighty School Challenge. Participants may have the option to submit written copy and comments. All text and images must be in good taste which means entries containing any type of vulgarity, profanity, obscenities, disparaging or discriminatory language or other language not suitable for a public forum, lewd or adult content, advertisements, SPAM content or references to other products, offers or websites, email addresses, URLs, phone numbers, physical addresses or other forms of contact information, spiteful or derogatory comments directed at other comments and/or their authors will be deleted and will not be considered or displayed on the Challenge gallery page.
Sponsor is permitted to remove any and all entries that it deems inappropriate. The Grand Prize school and other prize winning schools will be selected based on adherence to the participation rules. The potential winning school's Contact Person(s) will be notified by email and must respond within five (5) business days after attempted delivery or the prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner selected. The return of any prize/prize notification as undeliverable may result in disqualification and an alternate winner being selected. All final determination of the Grand Prize Winner, point totals and participation quality are at the discretion of the Sponsor. The Sponsor has the right to amend the grand prize(s) and other prizes announced during the Challenge.
6. PRIZE VALUE:
a. One (1) Grand Prize Winner: A $10,000 School grant.
b. Up to $15,000 in additional School grants based on impact points earned during four challenge stages as announced during the Challenge.
Donations to verified winning schools will be paid by January 31, 2015 along with any other eligible earnings from the MightyNest fundraising program.
7. GENERAL RULES: Any and all income taxes resulting from acceptance of a prize are the sole responsibility of the winning schools. By entering Challenge, Participants accept and agree to these Official Rules on behalf of the Nominated School and the decisions of Sponsor, which shall be final in all matters. Acceptance constitutes permission to the Sponsor to use school name, likeness and biographical information for marketing purposes without further compensation or right of approval, unless prohibited by law. Sponsor is not responsible for lost or late mail, or for technical, hardware or software malfunctions, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incorrect, inaccurate, incomplete, garbled or delayed electronic communications whether caused by the sender or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this Challenge, or by any human error which may occur in the processing of the entries in this Challenge. If, in the Sponsor's opinion, there is any suspected evidence of tampering with any portion of the promotion, or if technical difficulties compromise the integrity of the promotion, the Sponsor reserves the right to modify the Challenge in a manner deemed reasonable by the Sponsor, at the Sponsor's sole discretion. In such event, winners will be determined from eligible entries received prior to such determination, or as otherwise deemed fair and equitable by the Sponsor. In the event a dispute arises as to the identity of a potentially winning online Participant, entries made by Internet will be declared made by the name on the online entry form. All federal and state laws apply.
8. DISPUTES: Except where prohibited, Participant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Challenge or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate courts in the State of Illinois; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket expenses incurred by participation, including costs associated with entering this promotion, but in no event attorneys' fees; and (3) under no circumstances will Participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and Participant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket costs and expenses, participant further waives any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased.
9. WINNER SCHOOL LIST: The full list of the winning schools will be posted to http://schools.mightynest.com on or about November 14, 2014 for all to see.
11. DISCLAIMER: By participating in the Challenge, Participants agree to release Sponsor and its employees, directors, officers, members, managers, fellows, interns, and agents (Collectively "Sponsor Parties") from any and all liability, claims or actions of any kind whatsoever for injuries, damages or losses to persons and property which may be sustained in connection with the receipt, ownership, possession, use, or misuse of any prize. Participants acknowledge and agree that Sponsor Parties are not responsible for technical, hardware or software failures, or other errors or problems which may occur in connection with the Challenge, whether computer, network, technical, mechanical, typographical, printing, human or otherwise, including, without limitation, errors or problems which may occur in connection with the administration of the Challenge, the announcement of the prizes, in any Challenge-related materials, or that may limit prize fulfillment or a participant's ability to enter the Challenge. Sponsor reserves the right to amend these official rules and to permanently disqualify from the Challenge any person it believes has intentionally violated these official rules.
12. FACEBOOK DISCLAIMER: Entrants should understand that they are providing their information to the Sponsor and not to Facebook. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook.
SPONSOR: The Sponsor of this promotion is MightyNest Inc., 2112 Jackson Ave., Evanston IL 60201
Copyright: ©2014 MightyNest Inc.