Last modified: June 10, 2020
This policy applies to information we collect:
- on our Website;
- in email, live chat, and other electronic messages between you and us; and
- when you interact with our advertising on third party websites and services, if that advertising include links to this policy.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by MightyNest or any third party; or
- any third party, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Website.
We collect different types of information about you, including information that may directly identify you, information that is about you but individually does not personally identify you, and information that we combine with our other users. This includes information that we collect directly from you, from third parties, or through automated collection technologies.
We collect certain types of information from and about users of our Website, specifically information:
- by which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, billing address, shipping address, e-mail address, home, work, and mobile telephone numbers, date of birth, and credit or debit card number (for payment purposes) (“Personal Data”);
- that is about you but individually does not identify you, such as traffic data, logs, referring/exit pages, date and time of your visit to our Website, search queries, error information, clickstream data, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website; or
- about your Internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website and usage details.
We collect this information:
- directly from you when you provide it to us;
- automatically as you navigate through the Website. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies and other tracking technologies; and
- From third parties, for example, our advertising and business partners.
Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect on or through our Website is:
- information that you submit through forms on our Website. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Website, creating an account, purchasing products or services (including subscription services), or requesting information, products, or services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Website or any purchase;
- records and copies of your correspondence (including email address and telephone number), if you contact us; and
- details of transactions you carry out through our Website, including purchase and return information, shipping information, and the fulfillment of your orders. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through our Website.
You also may provide information to be published, displayed, or posted on public areas of the Website or transmitted to other users of the Website or third parties (collectively, “User Contributions”). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. We cannot control the actions of other users of the Website with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
We also provide users the ability to refer a friend or buy a gift for others through the Website. When someone uses the referral service, we ask for the name and email address of the person referring a friend and the friend’s name and email address. We use this information to send emails about our Website and products. If you buy a gift for another person, we will collect information, such as name, billing information, and email address, of the person buying the gift, and the name, email address, shipping address of the recipient, and other information that allows us to process and deliver the gift and communicate with the purchaser and recipient about the transaction and our products and services.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies and Third Parties
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, specifically:
- details of your visits to our Website, such as traffic data, location, logs, referring/exit pages, search queries, date and time of your visit to our Website, error information, clickstream data, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website; and
- information about your computer, mobile device, and Internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
The information we collect automatically may include Personal Data or we may maintain it or associate it with Personal Data we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. This helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service by enabling us to:
- estimate our audience size and usage patterns;
- store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests; and
- recognize you when you return to our Website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
We also collect information from third parties, including our service providers and social media platforms when you interact with those features. The information we collect from those third parties may include your Personal Data, such as your name, email address, and other information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns.
We use your Personal Data for various purposes described below, including to:
- provide our Website to you;
- provide products and services to you;
- process, fulfill, and administer transactions and orders by you;
- contact you about or in response to a request;
- provide you with newsletters, advertisements, or other promotional communications;
- administer surveys, sweepstakes, promotions, or contests;
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any Personal Data:
- to present our Website and its contents to you;
- to provide our products and services to you;
- to provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us or that may be of interest to you;
- to process, fulfill, support, and administer transactions and orders for products and services ordered by you;
- to provide you with a personalized, and to enhance your, user experience;
- to perform aggregated data analytics;
- to register and service, including providing you with notices about, your MightyNest account;
- to contact you in response to a request;
- to administer surveys, sweepstakes, promotions, and contests;
- to fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it;
- to carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any law, rule, or regulation, or any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection;
- to notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide though them;
- in any other way we may describe when you provide the information; and
- for any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you about goods and services that may be of interest to you, including through newsletters, advertisements, or other promotional communications. If you wish to opt-out of receiving such communications, you may do so at any time by clicking unsubscribe at the bottom of these communications. For more information, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
- our affiliates and third party service providers that we use to support our business, including to process, fulfill, or administer transactions ordered by you;
- to advertise, market, or promote our products and services;
- to a company we merge, acquire, or that buys us, or in the event of change in structure of our company of any form;
- to comply with our legal obligations;
- to affiliates, contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business. The services provided by these organizations include providing IT and infrastructure support services, and ordering, marketing, transaction administration and fulfillment, and payment processing services (for example, we use Braintree, a division of PayPal, for payment processing services; for more information on Braintree’s privacy practice, please see Braintree’s Privacy Statement);
- to affiliates and third parties to advertise, market, or promote our products and services;
- to a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, acquisition, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, change of control, or similar proceeding, in which Personal Data held by MightyNest about our Website users are among the assets transferred;
- to fulfill the purpose for which you provide it. For example, we may disclose your personal information to a Provider;
- for any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information;
- with your consent.
We may also disclose your Personal Data:
- to comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request;
- to enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions and other agreements, including for billing, fulfillment, and collection purposes; and
- if we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of MightyNest, our customers, or third parties. This includes, but is not limited to, exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
We offer you choices on how you can opt out of our use of tracking technology, disclosure of your Personal Data for our advertising to you, and other targeted advertising.
You may use the following mechanisms to exercise control over your Personal Data:
- Promotional Offers from MightyNest. If you do not wish to have your email address used by MightyNest to promote our own products and services, you can opt-out at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any email or other marketing communications you receive from us or by Contacting Us. Please note that even if you opt out, you may still receive transactional communications from MightyNest related to your subscription, information request, product purchase, your use of our services, or other transactions you enter with MightyNest.
- Targeted Advertising. To learn more about interest-based advertisements and your opt-out rights and options, visit the Digital Advertising Alliance and the Network Advertising Initiative websites (www.aboutads.info and www.networkadvertising.org). Please note that if you choose to opt out, you will continue to see ads, but they will not be based on your online activity. We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can also opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the NAI on its website.
You may review and change your personal information by logging into your Account on our Website and visiting either your "My Account" or "My MightyFix Profile" page.
You can review and change your Personal Data by logging into our Website and visiting either the My Account or My MightyFix Profile sections of our Website. You may also notify us through the Contact Information below of any changes or errors in any Personal Data we have about you. We cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your account with us. We may also not be able to accommodate your request if we believe it would violate any law or legal requirement, prevent us from enforcing our legal rights, or cause the information to be incorrect.
We may use automated data collection technologies to track you across websites. We currently do not honor do-not-track signals that may be sent by some browsers.
Some web browsers permit you to broadcast a signal to websites and online services indicating a preference that they “do not track” your online activities. At this time, we do not honor such signals.
You may contact us through the contact information below.
How to Contact Us:
8044 Saint Louis Ave.
Skokie, IL 60076
Email: [email protected]