What Makes It Mighty?
- ayurvedic plants promote silkiness & invigorate growth & strength
- nourishing butters & saponified oils moisturize while cleansing
- no plastic bottle, water-free formula
Shampoo bars, conditioning all natural shampoo in a solid bar, clean hair naturally. Super rich with loads of fluffy lather, natural ingredients gently clean the hair and scalp without stripping away natural protective oils. Chagrin Valley’s Ayurvedic Herb Shampoo Bar contains a rich oil infusion of beneficial Ayurvedic herbs, including shikaki, bhringaraj, neem, tulsi and amla, that helps enhance the quality of your hair.
- Shikakai, referred to as “fruit for the hair,” gently cleans hair and increases bounciness and silkiness
- Bhringraj considered the "king of herbs" for hair growth, helps strengthen the hair shaft
- Amla promotes stronger, healthier new growth
- Hibiscus flowers help in the treatment of dandruff and hair loss
- Aritha cleans hair without drying and helps create a fabulous lather
- Enriched with organic mango butter and avocado oil
- Coconut milk, widely used in India as a deep conditioning treatment for hair, imparts silkiness and shine to hair
- The warm sensuous essential oil blend compliments the rich fragrance of the infused ayurvedic herbs
- Great for hair that needs body
- A sulfate free, silicone free, paraben free natural shampoo
Size: 5.6 oz bar
Lather soap bar in water then rub lather into wet hair, or rub bar directly onto wet hair then lather. Thoroughly rinse. Store away from direct water contact.
Fully compostable; plastic-free except minor components for functionality (e.g. lids/pumps)
Ayurvedic Herb Shampoo Bar
I’ve tried to make my own shampoo with disappointing results. So pleased with this - it will be my go to shampoo!
If you have hard water (mineral/lime scale) this bar-shampoo is not for you. The soaponified ingredients will react to the hard water and leave your hair waxy, sticky, and greasy. In which case, you need a shampoo bar with surfactants such as "Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate". You could just use the rest of your soap-based bar as a body wash instead.
If you have a water softening system you should get great results with this soap-based shampoo bar.
I really wanted to love this shampoo. I'm not getting little bumps on my scalp and more, so I gave it 2 stars. But hair feels heavy and gross. I can't get it wristed off my hands even.
Have been loving shampoo bars and wanted to give this one a shot. I've been using it now about every 3 days in the shower for about 3 weeks. Unfortunately, it is still leaving a waxy coating on my hair and the next day when I brush my hair there is a film on the bristles. No matter how much a rinse, there is still a film. :(
Chagrin Valley Soap & Salve is a small family owned and family operated company dedicated to crafting high quality, healthy and effective skin and hair care products that will nourish your skin and be kind to our planet. A product is only as good as the ingredients used to make it. Our ingredients are USDA certified organic, sustainably produced, cruelty-free and ethically traded. We will always use the best ingredients to make the best safe and effective skin care products available. All of our recipes are invented, created and manufactured in our facility in Solon, Ohio.
We make it easy for families to create a healthy home. Each of our 1000+ products has been thoroughly researched to be free of concerning chemicals, and hand-picked for its quality and design. With products for the whole family, ranging from kitchenware to reusable lunch gear to skincare, it is truly better living made easy.