What makes it Mighty?
- 100% non-toxic medical grade silicone
- fits comfortably for up to 12 hours & holds 3 tampons worth
- minimizes leaks & supports a waste-free monthly cycle
Your best period starts now! Dot Cup, a medical-grade silicone menstrual cup, is a reusable alternative to tampons that is worn in the vagina for up to 12 hours and emptied in the toilet. If you're new to the cup world, adjusting, inserting and removing may take some getting used to, but hang in there! Once you find the right position for your body, you won't look back. It's truly a game-changer. Try a few of the folds detailed below and give it a cycle or two. You'll be telling all of your friends about it.
- Can be worn for up to 12 hours and used for up to 10 years
- Small pinholes around the lip allow for comfortable fit and easy removal
- Every cup comes with a limited-edition, hand-sewn, canvas storage pouch
- You're actually purchasing two cups! For every Dot Cup purchased, one is given to a girl in need, enabling her to go to school or work and to be an active member of her community, regardless of her menstrual cycle!
Materials: FDA-approved medical-grade silicone
Size: One size fits most body types
Use: Wash your hands, rinse your Dot Cup and insert using one of the fold methods described below. Once in place, release the fold and the opening of the cup should open. You may need to use one finger to twist or adjust the cup into place. It should be fully inside of your body and cause no discomfort!
- Roll Fold — Roll the cup in a spiral as tightly as you can with the opening pointed up. While keeping a tight grip on the fold, insert the open end into your vagina and push it all the way in.
- Punch Down Fold — Holding your cup with the opening facing up, push one side of the rim down with your thumb. Insert the opposite end into your vagina, push into place, and use your finger to make sure the cup is fully unfolded.
- C Fold — Holding your cup sideways between your thumb and index finger, fold the top part over so the opening forms a "C." Insert the cup into your vagina with the "C" facing up.
- Customizing your Stem — Users may choose to trim down the stem of their cup. Everybody is unique, so for those with a lower-positioned cervix, it is helpful to trim the stem for optimum comfort. We recommend wearing the cup for a day or two before doing any trimming because sometimes the cup adjusts to your body on its own. Never trim the stem while the cup is inside your body.
- Removal — After no more than 12 hours, or when your Dot Cup feels full, push as if you're passing gas, grab the stem, and gently pull. If you meet resistance or discomfort, reach a bit higher for the base of the cup and pinch and wiggle the base as you pull downward. Dump your blood in the toilet, rinse the cup with water, and re-insert. If you're in a public bathroom, it's completely fine to re-insert your cup without rinsing it, just make sure to rinse when you return home.
Care: After each use, rinse and reinsert (or if in public, simply reinsert and rinse when you return home). Soap isn't necessary, but if you do use soap, make sure it's gentle and fragrance-free as to not irritate your lady parts! Between cycles, wash with soap and water and store it in your Dot pouch until next month! If you'd like to fully sterilize your Dot Cup you can do so by boiling for 5 minutes and removing with tongs. Let your cup cool and dry, then store in your storage pouch.
Made in USA
We make it easy for families to create a healthy home. Each of our 1000+ products has been thoroughly researched to be free of concerning chemicals, and hand-picked for its quality and design. With products for the whole family, ranging from kitchenware to reusable lunch gear to skincare, it is truly better living made easy.