What Makes It Mighty?
- 100% wool inner mat is quick drying and mold & mildew resistant
- absorbs 30% it's own weight in water
- removeable linen sleeve is machine washable
Sonoma Wool Company's wool dish drying mats bring the simplicity of nature’s beauty into your home with the world’s most ancient fibers - wool & linen. Used for thousands of years, these “super” fibers naturally resist mold and mildew, are highly absorbent, and eliminate the need for using synthetics and plastics around your sink area. The 100% wool dish drying mat is handcrafted, durable enough to withstand years of use and made with all-natural, sustainable, and biodegradable wool fibers from family-owned ranches across the USA. The removable, washable linen sleeve is made in India, the region of the world where flax is grown and linen fabric is made. This is the best eco-friendly dish drying mat you will ever own.
- 100% natural - no dyes
- Absorbs up to 30% of its own weight in moisture
- Naturally resists mold and mildew*
Size: 16" x 20" x 3/8”
The Dish Drying Mat needs to fully dry between uses, which will naturally occur when kept on counter. If your wool dish drying mat is heavily used to the point of saturation, hang the mat between uses to increase air flow. If needed, your mat may be spot cleaned with a mild soap in tepid water. Dry flat. Do not machine wash. Linen sleeve may be machine washed and we recommend air-drying to maximize it's lifetime.
* Note: Wool is naturally mold and mildew resistant. This is because of its unique molecular structure allowing air to pass through its fibers. However, if it remains saturated for any length of time, wool, just like any material, may get moldy. The Dish Drying Mat is designed to sit on your counter without the need to remove it between uses. If, however, you are in a large family/household, or live in a damp climate, and find that the Dish Drying Mat is regularly saturated, we recommend lifting your Dish Drying Mat off the counter after you use it, and giving it time to dry out between uses.
Package free; primarily compostable except very minor components (e.g. plastic toggles or small stickers)
Wool Dish Drying Mat with Linen Sleeve
100% wool and linen
About Sonoma Wool Company
In 2013, Sonoma Wool Company was born on a ranch in Valley Ford, California. Amy Chesnut started the company with a genuine passion for wool and its incredible properties. The driving purpose of Sonoma Wool Company is to help people rediscover the wonders of wool, and help support family sheep ranches. The centuries-old wool industry is struggling as fewer and fewer people choose to become sheep ranchers. If demand for wool increases, the likelihood of maintaining a viable wool industry strengthens. Sonoma Wool is now bi-coastal, working with several historic wool mills on the East Coast to assist with manufacturing. Sonoma Wool Company provides practical wool products for the home, using Pozzi Wool, sourced from family ranches throughout Northern California.
We make it easy for families to create a healthy home. Each of our 1000+ products has been thoroughly researched to be free of concerning chemicals, and hand-picked for its quality and design. With products for the whole family, ranging from kitchenware to reusable lunch gear to skincare, it is truly better living made easy.