What Makes It Mighty?
- double walled stainless steel insulates food to keep it hot or cold for hours
- bamboo topped lid makes a perfect coaster to rest a spoon, set a slice of bread, or hold a handful of nuts
- hinged handle makes for convenient carrying
Uniquely plastic-free and offering exceptional thermal performance, the Blue Water Bento Insulated Canister with bamboo lid features forward-thinking circular design and is made from fully recyclable and biodegradable materials: stainless steel, silicone and bamboo. The vacuum insulated 12 ounce container will keep food hot or cold for 8+ hours, and like all ECOlunchbox products, it's sturdy, non-breakable, and built to last for years of use. The wide 4-inch container opening makes it comfortable and easy to scoop up hot soups or stews with a big spoon. The smooth top rim makes it soft on the lips and ideal for sipping, whether it’s a miso soup or foamy cappuccino! The no-leak silicone gasket rolls off for easy thorough cleaning and includes a pull tab for temperature differential pressure release (sometimes insulated containers can develop a suction and won't open -- tugging on the pull tab loop will release the suction and allow easy opening).
- 100% plastic-free, vacuum-insulated canister with bamboo lid keeps food hot or cold for 8+ hours
- Wide mouth opening is ideal for eating with a utensil or sipping
- Leak-proof silicone gasket includes a pull tab for easy opening
- Etched bamboo lid topper features eel grass ocean motif
- Easy-to-clean, hygienic removable silicone gasket
- Collapsible stainless steel carrying handle
- Cradle-to-cradle design with fully recyclable (base and lid) and compostable (lid)
- Threading inside the cap is steel - not plastic
- Tare weight is etched on the bottom of the container for easy zero waste meal purchases at food bars where charges are set by weight
Size: 12 oz (1 ½ cup) capacity / 4 inches round by 4 ¾ tall
Container base is dishwasher safe. Bamboo lid recommended only for hand washing.
At end of use, materials are designed to be 100% taken apart and sorted so the steel and silicone can be recycled and the bamboo, biodegraded.
Package free; primarily compostable except very minor components (e.g. plastic toggles or small stickers)
Blue Water Bento Insulated Canister
18/8 grade 304 stainless steel, silicone and bamboo
About Eco LunchBox
ECOlunchbox was born of the idea that change can begin at lunchtime. I wanted to make a change in how I packed my family’s lunches – to cut out the plastic and do the right thing for our health as well as Mother Earth. It seemed like a pretty simple concept. Design a food container out of something plastic-free and make it available to friends, family and through an online store. Since founding ECOlunchbox as a triple-bottom-line social enterprise in 2009, the business has scaled beyond my initial vision.
We make it easy for families to create a healthy home. Each of our 1000+ products has been thoroughly researched to be free of concerning chemicals, and hand-picked for its quality and design. With products for the whole family, ranging from kitchenware to reusable lunch gear to skincare, it is truly better living made easy.