What makes it Mighty?
- Binchotan Charcoal from sustainably harvested wood
- incredibly porous charcoal attracts ions of contaminants and retains impurites
- releases minerals such as calcium, iron and magnesium back into the water which enhances its taste and health benefits
black+blum’s charcoal water filter sticks are a natural and easy way to improve the taste of your drinking water. Simply fill your bottle with (potable) tap water and wait for the charcoal to filter out impurities. You will taste the difference after just one hour (and get even better results if you filter overnight).
It may seem counter intuitive to purify your drinking water with a stick of charcoal, but the Japanese have been doing it for centuries. Binchotan charcoal is an active carbon made from tree branches and is renowned for its ability to soften water, add good minerals and absorb unwanted tastes and odors, such as chlorine. Binchotan charcoal has an incredibly porous surface with tiny cavities. The ions of contaminants are attracted to the surface of the charcoal and are held there. At the same time, the charcoal releases minerals such as calcium, iron and magnesium back into the water which enhances its taste and health benefits.
- makes tap water taste great
- lasts for 6 months (boil to renew effectiveness after 3 months of use)
- vacuum foil packed
- pre-washed and ready to use
- can be used in any jug or bottle
Made in Taiwan
We make it easy for families to create a healthy home. Each of our 1000+ products has been thoroughly researched to be free of concerning chemicals, and hand-picked for its quality and design. With products for the whole family, ranging from kitchenware to reusable lunch gear to skincare, it is truly better living made easy.