Fractionated Coconut Oil is not the same as virgin cold-pressed coconut oil that is solid at 76 degrees Fahrenheit and below. Fractionated oils have been heated to separate certain chains of fatty acids into separate components. This process refines, clarifies, and deodorizes the oil. Fractionated Coconut Oil will always remain liquid regardless of temperature. Its abilities as an emollient and moisturizer are the same as virgin coconut oil.
Unlike most other carriers, Fractionated Coconut Oil is extremely resistant to rancidity. The shelf life is at least 2 years and is probably more under proper storage conditions (cool, out of direct sunlight). Refrigeration is not needed.
To guarantee continuous quality, Plant Therapy’s oils (each batch) are tested by a third party laboratory using GC/MS testing, as well as by an in-house expert. This guarantees that all testing matches up and that nothing is missed. All of Plant Therapy’s oils are 100% pure, undiluted and free from any additives, chemicals or pesticides.
- Botanical Name:Cocos nucifera
- Extraction Method:Heat Processed
- Aromatic Scent:Fractionated Coconut carrier oil has no scent.
- Absorbtion:Fractionated Coconut Oil will produce a barrier on the skin, but will not clog pores (non-comedogenic).
- Consistency:Thinner than most carrier oils.
- Cautions:Although unlikely because of the heat processing, allergic reaction to this oil is a possibility. Check with your doctor if in doubt.
Made by Plant Therapy
We make it easy for families to create a healthy home. Each of our 1000+ products has been thoroughly researched to be free of concerning chemicals, and hand-picked for its quality and design. With products for the whole family, ranging from kitchenware to reusable lunch gear to skincare, it is truly better living made easy.