Fractionated Coconut Oil is different from virgin cold-pressed coconut oil that is solid at 76°F and below. Fractionated oils have been heated to separate certain chains of fatty acids into separate components. This process refines, clarifies, and deodorizes the oil. Fractionated Coconut Oil will always remain liquid, regardless of temperature. Its abilities as an emollient and moisturizer are the same as virgin coconut oil.
Unlike many other carriers, Fractionated Coconut Oil is extremely resistant to rancidity. The shelf life is at least two years and is probably more under proper storage conditions (cool, out of direct sunlight). Refrigeration is not needed.
To guarantee continuous quality, each batch of Plant Therapy oils is tested by a third-party laboratory using GC/MS testing, as well as an in-house expert. This guarantees that all testing matches up and that nothing is missed. All of Plant Therapy’s oils are 100% pure, undiluted and free from any additives, chemicals or pesticides.
- Botanical Name: Cocos nucifera
- Extraction Method: Heat Processed
- Aromatic Scent: Fractionated Coconut carrier oil has no scent.
- Absorbtion: Fractionated Coconut Oil will produce a barrier on your skin, but will not clog pores (non-comedogenic).
- Consistency: Thinner than most carrier oils.
- Cautions: Although unlikely because of the heat processing, allergic reaction to this oil is a possibility. Check with your doctor if in doubt.
Made by Plant Therapy
About Plant Therapy
We make it easy for families to create a healthy home. Each of our 1000+ products has been thoroughly researched to be free of concerning chemicals, and hand-picked for its quality and design. With products for the whole family, ranging from kitchenware to reusable lunch gear to skincare, it is truly better living made easy.