Mustard, one of the oldest and most widely used spices is your go-to zest. Mustard baths are a traditional remedy in England--used for the treatment of colds, stress, fatigued and achy muscles, fever and congestion. Mustard has been known to stimulate the sweat glands, opening the pores and helping the body rid itself of toxins. When this happens, circulation is improved, congestion is relieved and pain is eased.
This DIY Mustard Bath Kit Includes:
- Plant Therapy Wintergreen Essential Oil, 10 ml
- Plant Therapy Rosemary Essential Oil, 10ml
- Plant Therapy Eucalyptus Oil, 10 ml
- Mustard Powder, 16 oz bag
The follwing recipe for Warming Mustard Bath (from Ashley English of Small Measure) is enough for 4 baths:
- 1 cup baking soda
- 1/4 cup mustard powder
- 6 drops wintergreen or peppermint essential oil
- 6 drops rosemary essential oil
- 6 drops eucalyptus essential oil
Place all of the ingredients in a jar and whisk together.
Add 4 Tablespoons to a running bath and swish around to disperse the powder. For a foot soak, use 1-2 Tablespoons.
Warning: Mustard baths are definitely an early to bed potion! Avoid taking one before you host a big dinner party...Made by MightyNest