What makes it Mighty?
- made from 100% sustainable beeswax with cotton wicks
- naturally aromatic, infused with the sweet, subtle scent of honey
- releases negative ions that improve air quality
These long burning, traditional pillars from Big Dipper Wax Works bring a simple elegance to all occasions. The 100% beeswax pillars are individually hand-poured in small batches. All-natural, and free of paraffin and other toxins, these pillars burn clean and soot free, with a steady, healthy sized flame that radiates a spectrum of light that matches that of the sun. Beeswax, the purest of all candle waxes, is a product of the sustainable industry of beekeeping. The simple filtration of beeswax is a natural process that uses no chemicals and very little energy. The wicks are made from 100% cotton and contain no metal. Enjoy the natural, sweet, honey fragrance infused straight from the hive into the wax!
Available in 3 sizes:
Small — 2" wide x 4.75" tall, burns for 40 hours
Medium — 3" wide x 3.5" tall, burns for 60 hours
Large — 3" wide x 6" tall, burns for 90 hours
Tips to get the most out of your beeswax pillars:
- Pillars should be burned on a plate to avoid wax spillage and heat damage.
- The initial burn should be several hours long to establish a wide burn pool.
- Ideally, each burn should last at least one hour per inch in diameter.
- To counter tunneling (when the wax pool doesn't expand to the outer edge of the candle and tunnels down the middle, not making use of all the wax), gently push walls in toward the flame once they have warmed up.
- Keep wick trimmed to ¼ inch, making sure to cut immediately after burning, as wicks become brittle when cool.
- To minimize smoke when extinguishing, dunk wick into wax pool and stand it back up once extinguished.
Made in USA
About Big Dipper Wax Works
We make it easy for families to create a healthy home. Each of our 1000+ products has been thoroughly researched to be free of concerning chemicals, and hand-picked for its quality and design. With products for the whole family, ranging from kitchenware to reusable lunch gear to skincare, it is truly better living made easy.